Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

WOW! It's been so long! How about a Cashew "Ricotta" Cheese recipe for the allergy free lasagna recipe I'll post next

Wow, has it really been 6 months since my last post! So much has been going on! I make sure to take pictures of everything I make, I have loads of them, but no time to actually post here. I need to get started again. So, I'll start here. After eating turkey and ham for days, I decided we needed to have something different. I have been dieing for some Italian food, so was the ticket. Being Italian, Italian is always my comfort food. And since my mother just passed away on October 20, 20011, from the lymphoma I posted about 11 months ago, comfort was what I needed.

The first challenge is always the cheese. What is lasagna without Ricotta cheese! Well, it's pretty good it turns out!

Cashew "ricotta" cheese

1 lb cashews
approx 2 cup of water (enough to cover the cashews plus enough extra to allow for the swelling of the cashews.)
3/4 c. water
1/16 tsp salt
1/16 tsp nutmeg
dash of lemon juice
pinch of parsley and basil or Italian Seasoning (optional, I did not use it but I think I will next time)

Allow cashews to soak overnight. Drain and blend. I use my vitamix and put them all in, but if you use a food processor, or a less powerful blender, put in n small batches.



Blend til smooth then add water, salt, nutmeg and lemon juice and blend to combine.

This is the final product.  Put n container and you can freeze it or use it for the lasagna or other Italian comfort food.


Read my next post for my lasagna Recipe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment