This, scrumptious looking thing, is all Katie's idea, now I must make it lots!
"Peach Cobbler "
(Serves 3 kids )
- 5 cups frozen peaches
- 1 T arrowroot (or cornstarch)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cup rice chex
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 T melted margarine (I used Earth Balance. If you want a fat-free crisp, double the applesauce and omit the margarine.)
- 2 T applesauce (For a more buttery taste, replace this with an extra T of the margarine)
- 1/2 tsp salt
** You can use fresh peaches, just add 1TB lemon juice.
Katie's recipe doesn't use sugar, it uses replacements and she has a sugar free option as well if you want to check it out. We however, love sugar lol
For the yogurt/pudding, again, Katie has a quick one. It uses Agar flakes. Since I only have Agar powder, I agian made adjustments. I have to double all of Katie's recipes cuz frankly, 3 kids eat a lot. So here is what I did:
- 5 1/2 cups Almond Milk (I just used store bought)
- 2 tsp. Agar PowderThen I mix
2. Slowly bring to a boil then remove from heat and let cool
3. When cooled, put in fridge until completely gelled.
4. Put in blender and add whatever flavor you want.
From here, I added in about 1 TB vanilla extract, 2 TB honey and 2 capsules of allergy free probiotics and mix in the Vitamix. When I tasted it, didn't taste very good so I added more vanilla and kept adding to taste.
I put it in the fridge over night, and in the morning, I heated the Cobbler and scooped some of this on it, and YUM-MMO!