Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Today's bread

Well, today I made more adjustments to my last bread recipe with the hopes of getting it raise again.  Here is what I did.

2 c. Orgran
1/2 c. rice flour
1/4 c. sorghum flour
1/4 c. amaranth flour
1 3/4 c. plus 2 TB warm water
2 TB honey
2 tsp oil
2 tsp apple cider vinegar

Put in a bowl and mix.  no blender required.  This is how it looks

 
I put it in the Bread machine pan

 Measured it with my fork
 
 and put it on the wood stove (just warm) to let it raise, it was the warmest spot in the house.
Then measured it one more time to see how tall it got
Not much difference there, but some.  It does raise a little in the oven as well so i was hoping for that to happen.

I put it in the oven and baked it at 325 for 60 minutes. 

 As you can see, it did raise some but not as much as I'd hoped for.



After cutting into it, you can see how dense it is

The results.....  it's gooey.  still.  I think the problem is the flours.  But I'm not sure which of these other flours are weighing it down.  I think next time I will go back to the original recipe and each subsequent time I will add only 1 at a time and see which is causing me the problem. 

If you are wondering why I am adding the other flours instead of the original, it's because without it, it is very bland, almost tasting like cardboard.  These other flours also add some nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment