Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Bread recipe

I have made an adjustment to Orgran's Bread recipe due to the bland taste and lack of nutrition.  Plus the kids don't like the taste of the original plain recipe.  Though, to be fair, I use the self rising flour rather than the regular flour they call for.  This is the original recipe that I use when using self rising flour:

3 cups (400g) Orgran Plain Flour
½ tsp sugar
1¾  cups warm water
2 tsp oil or melted margarine

This is how I made it today.  I will update when it is done to see how it turned out

1 1/2 c. Orgran self rising flour
1/2 c. Sorghum flour
1/2 c. Rice flour
1/4 c. Amaranth flour
1/4 c. Garbanzo Bean flour
2 TB honey
2 tsp oil
2 c. warm water

Mix in bowl and put in Bread Machine pan.
Let it rise for 30 min in warm area
Bake @ 375 for 1 hour.
Let cool and slice


*********

After letting it rise for 40 min it had barely rose so I put it in the oven.  It never really rose that I could see.  It cooked at 375 for 35 min before I looked at it and realized the temp needed to be dropped.  I lowered it to 325 and cooked it for the remainder of the time.  After the time limit it was very gooey and I put it back in for about 15 min. 

Taste was very good though, however, it was very hard around the edges though and I'm not sure if that is due to the high temp or the flours used. 

I think the next loaf I will reduce the liquid by 2 TB and drop the sorghum and rice to 1/4 c, increasing the Orgran to 2 c.

No comments:

Post a Comment